Inner West residents can claim a 50% rebate on the purchase of reusable nappies, sanitary products and incontinence underwear, making it more afforable to go eco-friendly. Council rebates are provided to help reduce the upfront costs of reusable options, allowing you to reduce your waste to landfill by shifting from disposable, single-use products.
Reusable Cloth Nappies
Surprisingly, nappies and absorbent hygeine products are among the largest contributor to household waste in the Inner West with audits showing that by weight, these products make up 8% of the material collected through the red-lidded general waste bin.
Reusable products may cost a little more up-front, but in the long term, they can save you upwards of $1,000 a year. These rebates are being offered as an incentive to help reduce the upfront costs of reusable options, and encourage the shift away from single-use products. Helping to reduce waste, and save money!
A few conditions apply:
- The rebate is for 50% of the purchase price of eligible products (max $150) NOT including postage or delivery costs.
- This rebate can be used for cloth nappies, swim nappies, reusable inner liners for nappies, wet bags, reusable wipes associated with cloth nappies, toddler night training pants and reusable nursing pads.
- Only one claim per household.
- You must upload an itemised receipt showing the date of purchase.
- View the full terms and conditions
Next, claim rebate
Ensure you have your receipt handy, then apply below.
When do I get the rebate?
1-2 weeks from application
(Subject to claim approval)