Hot Water System - Apartment Buildings
Waverley Council is providing a Sustainability Rebate for buildings to remove centralised gas hot water systems (HWS) from apartment buildings and replace with either:
• Centralised heat pump; or
• Solar with electric boost hot water system
Please note: This budget is limited and so a rebate for your building is not guaranteed. Please only proceed with the work if you have full budget to do so.
- Only available for properties in the Waverley Local Government Area.
- Must be a Clean Energy Council Accredited electric heat pump or rooftop solar hot water system.
- Excludes swimming pool heat pumps.
- Works completed on or after the 1st July 2023.
- Not eligible for new homes built under BASIX or Development Application Compliance purposes.
- See Sustainability Rebates Guidelines for full terms and conditions
To apply for this rebate you will need:
- Proof of building address e.g. electricity bill, rates notice or drivers license
- A copy of your common area electricity/gas bill
- Your Small-Scale Technology Certificate (STC) form provided by your solar/heat pump hot water installer
- Your hot water service invoice
- A photo of your old hot water system
- A photo of your new hot water system
- Your Strata Plan bank account details
For assistance, contact Waverley Council's Sustainability Coordinator on 02 9083 8150 or [email protected]
When do I get the rebate?
1-2 weeks from application
(Subject to claim approval)